Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New Case - Mar. 14, 2009 Witness #1

Witness #1
Male – 17 years old

Around 7 pm, I was walking from my friend’s house that lives down the street, across the street from Bona Grille. We were walking to the store at the Citgo Station. We were there to buy Blank-n-mild Mini-cigars. We weren’t part of the pub crawl and weren’t interested in it.

After buying the cigars we were walking out I saw my friend ‘A’ when we were walking in front of the Dunkin Donuts (DD), he was on his way in the Dunkin Donut and I waved Hi. We walked past DD where there is another parking lot next to the bar, I don’t know the name. I turned around because there started to be a lot of police in the area and I heard screaming, like it was crowds of people making that noise. So I walked over to see what was going on and that was when I saw Officer XX grab ‘B’s hair by the braid and rip it out. I was around 5’ feet away, just watching. I saw Officer XX slam ‘B’s face into the car at least 2 times. I was in shock.

I didn’t know that the cops could do something like that out in front of everyone. The crowd was still mostly in front of the DD and now I saw the other cops coming toward me. Some were on the road coming around Officer XX’s car toward me and others were coming from the crowd on the sidewalk to ward me. That’s when they started screaming, “Back up the Fuck up! Back the Fuck up!” Two dogs were over by ‘B’. The dogs were on leashes and they were growling at ‘B’. The other dog was in the middle of the street watching the rest of the crowd.

I backed up and walked to the Barking Frog (a bar) parking lot to walk back toward the Citgo Gas Station store. I was walking around because my other two friends were over on that side and we were split up and I wanted to get back together with them.

I join the crowd in front of DD and it was then that I saw 2 officers hit ‘B’ in the head with their flashlights. I saw at least 2 officers with tasers hitting him too. That’s when I stepped back because then the 2 officers that had the dogs on ‘B’, turned to the crowd and they started saying, “Back the Fuck up or we are going to let the dogs bite you.” There was at least 20-35 people in the crowd. Everyone was yelling at the cops saying, ‘That’s messed up!” People were taking pictures with their cameras. I wanted to see everything that was happening to see how the Beacon cops do things.

I have always heard that the Beacon cops do people dirty. I was 16 when the cops slammed me to the ground, Officer XX threw some racial slurs at me, I got no phone call at the police station, I was in a cell that smelled like piss which gave me an asthma attack, and they didn’t read my rights and stole $30 from me.

Anyway, the crowd backed up deeper into the DD parking lot and the cops grabbed ‘B’ by his neck and put him car. That was the second time I saw Officer XX and 2 other officers slam ‘B’s face before putting him in the car. When they did that the cops were heading towards the car and I walked into DD. I looked behind me for my friends to make sure they were all right. That’s when I saw the cops slam my friend ‘C’. He was by the DD sign on the sidewalk. I saw them slam him and I saw my friend ‘D’ fall. I saw her get back up. That’s when more 2 or 3 more cops jumped on ‘C’ and they grabbed his arms and legs and put their knee in his back.

Then my friends came into the DD and we were talking about ‘how crazy the cops were going out there.’ I look back out the window and now I saw ‘D’ at the newspaper stand and the cop pushing her up against the stand. There was another girl in the crowd watching what was going on. She was like 10’ away from ‘D’. She was over by ‘C’ and she was watching that. The female cop from Beacon pushed her down on the sidewalk. The girl sat on the sidewalk and the female cop from Beacon was standing behind her with hand on the girls neck squeezing it and the girl was hunched over. Another female officer came over while the girl was in this position and just punched her in the face.
She yelled to the girl, “Stop Moving!” while she punched her. But I was watching the entire time and she wasn’t moving because the other cop had her so tight by the neck.

When I saw that I finally said, “I am out of here. They are beating females and we got to go.” So I am on my way out of DD and around 3 cops come in and tell everyone to get out even people who were buying stuff. There were around 10 people in the store. So me and my friends left and we went to our homes.

2 comments:

  1. Beacon is going to have a "Johannes Mehserle" event if they don't reel it in. Events like that are tragic for everyone and cost tons of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened at the Pub Crawl is absolutely dispicable. The Beacon authorities wanted a reason to discontinue the event, and what better way to end it than to create their own "riot"? The people assembled outside Dunkin Donuts and the Barking Frog were not causing any problems, other than the problems always caused when large crowds gather. The police simply needed to instruct the people to disperse, and all of this could have been avoided. No warning to disperse was given, nor was any warning of any type given. The police swarmed in on the gathering with guns, batons, tasers, and dogs, and simply began beating on anyone n their path. All were charged with inciting a riot and resisting arrest - what a joke!! he only ones inciting a riot were the police, and none of those arested had the time to resist - they were beaten and thrown to the ground and handcuffed - how could they resist?
    The real shame of this is that each one of those arrested, even though they did nothing wrong, is now perceived by the public as a law-breaking thug. The public always naturally considers the police on the good side, and if anyone gets arrested, they must have deserved it. The overwhelming sentiment about the event is that a "few bad apples" ruined the pub crawl for everyone else. The truth is, these "bad apples" were only guilty of being in the path of an out of control police department hell bent on ending the event forever. In addition to having their names and reputations damaged, these poor victims are also going to be generating large legal bills, and missing time away from work while going to court.
    The Beacon Police Department must be reigned in!!! They are out of control, and obviously feel that since they are the law, they are not responsible for obeying it.

    ReplyDelete