Monday, November 17, 2008

Oct. 31, 2008 Victim #3 - Male, 21 years old.

I was at the 2 parked cars in Mr. Xxx’s driveway, talking with some friends and I looked down the long driveway and saw 2 cars driving with no lights and then suddenly then put on their lights and spotlights and I said, “Yo, that’s the cops!”

That's when I ran. I have had bad experiences in the past with the Beacon Police. They know my name, they know me, they have roughed me up and threatened me numerous times. I ran to the shed in Mr. Xxx’ s back yard. I got up on the roof and hid there. No cops saw me up there. I was there for like 3-4 minutes. Then I saw 1 car pull into Mr. Xxx’s house from 9D, and after that, another car pulled in to the neighbor’s house driveway next door on 9D. I started thinking, “What am I doing up here? I didn’t do nothing wrong.”

As I was getting down from the roof, I saw the cop walking onto Mr. Xxx’s driveway from next door. Before he saw me, I put my own hands up and I said, “ I don’t want no problems.” He said, “Get the fuck on the ground! Get the fuck on the ground (victim #3's last name)! I’m not playing!”

I am pretty sure it was Mr. Azario (sp?). I know him and it sounded like him and I think that’s who it was. I saw Castro there with his dog and another white, male sergeant that I didn’t recognize. A female cop arrived toward the end. I also believe Martinez was there with his dog, but don’t quote me on it.
So I got on the ground. I asked” What’s going on? Talk to me.”

“Not now! Just chill out!” Then he lifted me by the handcuffs to a standing position and I would say it was with hard hands because he didn’t touch me, he used the cuffs to lift me up. He walked me over to his car in the neighbor’s driveway. Then he threw me onto the hood by pushing my back and said, “Got anything in your pockets?”
“I don’t have nothing.” I said
Then he searched me.
“Am I under arrest?” I asked.
“No. We’re conducting an investigation.”
“Well, if you’re conducting an investigation, why haven’t you read me my rights? Why am I in these handcuffs?”
Then he sat me in the car and said, “We’re conducting an investigation. We’ll be back with you.” He then proceeded to announce, “I got (victim #3's last name).” into his walky-talky.
I sat there for 20-30 minutes. When the officer returned he said, “ All right, see you later. Have a good night.”
I asked, “What was the purpose of spending a half hour in your car?”
After the incident, a number of my friends said the cops were asking them, “Were you with (victim #3's last name).” ?”

No comments:

Post a Comment